Reflective Films are coated with a micro-thin, partially transparent layer of metal and have a mirror like finish. They prevent visibility from outside (area of greater light intensity) during the day and vice-versa during the night. Total solar energy rejection is on higher side. As the name states, these reflective films offer maximum heat rejection and aesthetic appeal. These attractive films are colour stable and are available in 12, 13, 21, 23, 26, 31, 46 and 58 percent visible light transmissions, providing choices for compliance with any state or local laws.
Reflective Films are coated with a micro-thin, partially transparent layer of metal and have a mirror like finish.They prevent visibility from outside (area of greater light intensity) during the day and vice-versa during the night.
Garware Polyester Ltd. is the pioneer and leading manufacturer of Suncontrol Film tor application in Automobile and Building under the prominent brand ‘Garware Suncontrol’ and ‘Global’. Garware Polyester Ltd. is the only manufacturer of Suncontrol Film across Asia. We are among the two companies in the world to have patented the manufacturing of the base polyester film. All Garware Films are dyed and not coated, thereby ensuring better performance and longevity.
Garware Suncontrol Films are widely used in Buildings, Safety, Decorative applications and Automobiles. Since inception we have set pioneering standards in polyester film technology A vertically integrated,state-of-the-art plant with IS0:9001:2008 accreditation is dedicated to provide uncompromising solutions in technology and quality to its vast customer base that spans the globe.
- Pioneered manufacturer of Polyester Films in India since 1975
- IS0:9001:2008 certified.
- Technology patented in 14 countries including USA.
- Offices in US and UK with exports to more than 80 countries.
- Enduring partnerships with more than 200 multinational clients.
- Pioneered ‘Safety & Sequrity Films’in India.
- Corporate Offices
- Commercial Buildings
- Goverment Buildings
- Educational Institutions
- Highest cooling by reflecting Solar Light
- Maintains Day time Privacy
- Reduces Glare up to 92%
- Best economical solution for Cooling Purpose
- Window Glazing
- Glass Curtain Glazing
Designed to reduce up to 78% Solar heat & to Provide Privacv
Reflective Films are coated with a micro-thin, partially transparent layer of metal and have a mirror like finish. They prevent visibility from outside (area of greater light intensity) during the day and vice-versa during the night. Total solar energy rejection is on higher side.
- Additional Safety: Garware Suncontrol Window Films when bonded on Glass makes your Glass shatter-resistant. This greatly reduces the danger from flying splinters in the event of an accidental breakage.
- Superior Energy Efficiency: Garware Suncontrol Window Films reduce the load on Air-conditioner by rejecting upto 78% of Total Solar Energy incident on the glass and as a result, also reduce electricity bill upto 10%.
- Provide Privacy: Garware Suncontrol Window Films shield interiors and occupants from prying eyes (depending on light intensity), thereby providing privacy in their offices and homes.
- Enhances Aesthetics: Garware Suncontrol Window Films are available in a variety of shades, which add beauty and enhance the looks of your Building.
- Eliminates Glare: Garware Suncontrol Window Films add to your comfort by eliminating upto 80% of the Sun glare.
- Rejects Harmful UV & IR Rays: Garware Suncontrol Window Films protect your family from skin diseases by blocking 99% UV rays.
General Solar Terms
- Solar Energy Spectrum : Solar Energy is typically divided into three categories, namely – Ultra-violet (3%), Visible (44%) & Infrared (53%).
- Visible Light Transmittance (VLT) : is the ratio of visible solar energy that passes through a glazing system to the total visible energy falling on the system. Higher the VLT more is the light inside the room.
- Solar Energy Transmittance : is the measurement of the percentage of solar radiation that passes directly through a glazing system.
- Solar Energy Reflectance : is the measurement of the percentage of solar radiation reflected by the glazing system.
- Solar Energy Absorption : measurements express the percentage of solar radiation absorbed by the glazing system.
- Total Solar Energy : is the sum of energy transmitted, reflected and absorbed by the system. It represents 100% of the solar energy.
- Ultra-violet Transmittance : is the measurement of the percentage of solar radiation in the ultra-violet region that passes directly through the glazing system.
- Glare Reduction : is a measurement of the reduction in visible light transmission after applying the film to the system as compared to the visible light transmission earlier. (It is represented in%).
- Solar Heat Gain : is the sum of percentage of solar energy that is either transmitted or absorbed and then re-radiated into the room.
- Shading Co-efficient: is the ratio of solar heat gain through a given glazing system to that of a clear float glass of 1/8 inch (approx. 3mm) thickness under the same test conditions. Lower the shading co-efficient, better is the ability to reduce solar heat.
- Emissivity : measures the surface ability to absorb or reflect Far Infrared Radiation. Lower the emissivity rating, better the insulating quality of the material.
- ‘U’ Factor : is the overall heat transfer co-efficient of the glazing system. It is the amount of conductive heat energy (BTUs) transferred through one square foot of the glazing system during one hour time period for each one degree Fahrenheit temperature difference between indoor and outdoor air. Lower the U-factor, better is the insulating quality of the material.
- Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) : is an important measurement of the ability of a glazing system to reject solar heat in form of the visible light and infrared radiation. Total SER equals solar reflectance plus the part of solar absorption re-radiated outward. Glazing System comprises of the window frame, glazing materials, film applied and the glass itself. Thickness of the polyester film is represented in MIL where 1 MIL represents a thickness of 25 microns.
Garware manufactures variety of films for architectural applications only. The nature of application varies from Suncontrol, Safety & Security to Privacy and aesthetics films. Garware claims to have an ideal film for any glass trait. USP of these films is that they tend to give custom look to any glass surface.
Suncontrol film while economical than its conventional counterpart are available in different shades and in a range of light transmission levels thus enhancing the elegance and beauty of the room. These benefits make Garware Energy Saving Suncontrol Window Films an ideal option to enhance safety and aesthetics in Residential & Commercial projects.It has range of films catering to different requirements and segments which are widely used for Residential purpose, Corporate Offices, Banks, ATM’s ,Shopping Malls, IT Companies, Hospitals etc.
Garware Suncontrol window film is applied to inside of Glass Window. Its function is to reduce solar heat gain, UV light & glare, that normally would enter through the window. The film also reduces heat loss through the window to the outside in cold months. In addition our film provides shatter resistance.
Type Of Films